Monday, May 09, 2005

Saturday I dragged Ignaz out to my stomping ground for a pre 9 col training session. We got off to a late start and only had time for two laps of my 22k circuit and then up to Gorgo Freddo ravine for some steep climbing. 250 meters in 2.5k. My gps blacks out in the trough of the ravine but given that the first part is a gentle grade there must be a kilometer of 12- 14%. Overall it was an even 60k in a howling wind with 1000m vertical and an average speed of 24.6. I was up front for most of the ride and could have easily done another couple of laps. I figure I am at least as fit as last year.
gargano proved to be a bridge to far because of the distance and family commitments, but I hope to do a local Granfondo http://www.cclaerte.net next Sunday to finish of my training.
sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home