Friday, June 03, 2005

Primitivo yes. I feel better already. OK, so I am jealous already of all of the fast flat riding that you do.
I was on holiday today so I toodled on down to the "complanare"... the roads that parallel the highway. They are of no scenic value but make for great training. It was hot, sunny and windy. After 30k I dropped down to the flat roads that run through the olive groves parallel to the sea. The breeze was cominc off the sea and was a crosswind the whole time. On the return I rode the "litoranea", along the sea. It was green like the carabean at times and deserted.

On the way back I passed a cyclist, an old boy. I was doing over 30kph, he was going slower. A couple of k later I noticed a someone on my wheel I picked it up a little... 35, 36, 37... 38 (the wind was not cooperating either). He was still there so I backed off a little and started talking about the weather.

He was 72! And could kick ass. He'd rode 9 colli 7 times, along with dozens of granfondi including Sharm El Sheik and Morocco.

Hey guys, that'd give us atleast 30 years of hard riding the way I see it, so we better get our sorry asses in shape for it.

::::::: 72k @ 31.5kph with 100m of climbing max + another 6 across town winding down.

sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home