Saturday, November 05, 2005

First Tacx blog!
Set up was a challenge with the help of my two children. After they went to bed I was finally able to get the bike on and test that everything is working order. You gotta love E-bay.

This morning it was 25° and sunny, a gorgeous day to be outside... so i stayed in the dark and took the tacx for a spin. At the factory settings (7 kilos lighter, no calibration) so I don't know if these numbers will mean anything. I managed to get 25 min before my daughter crashed into something and I had to stop.

slope=0
Max speed 42kmh
av speed 27.6
max HR 150
av HR 136
max Watts 294
av watts 178
av cad 93
max cad 150

It was a blast.
I didnt exactly knock myself out but I can see that it is going to be a challenging training tool. Observations: I sweated like a pig. It's about 22° in my studio, combined with the lack of moving air, it makes for a pretty warm ride. I will need a rubber matt and something to keep the sweat off the bike. It's pretty noisy if you are in the or directly below the studio, but I think the thick stone walls in my house should keep it contained.

Do the KMH have any basis in reality? The av speed seems pretty fair given the HR, but it seems too easy to peddle in top gear. My 50x12 compact might be a little to agile unless I crank up the slope.
I am very pleased with my purchase.
sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home