Thursday, April 22, 2004

Weigh-in 79.7 Kilos. I have been doing some gentle spinning. My back is getting better all the time. The weather is exceptional.
Lunch time ride of note: 22° and sunny. Road conditions were terrible, a new route full of bumps and holes. Like riding on pavè. I hung on my friends back wheel for most of the ride, but my whippy carbon fiber frame couldn't take the bumps. It just becomes unstable and I have to back off. The vibrations popped my watch band open. His Pinarello with carbon fiber wheels didn't seem to budge. That's the best excuse I can come up with at the moment for getting dropped on the hills. Or is that my excuse for buying a new bike? I did get behind a semi and was hauling along at a steady 60 clicks for a kilometer. A 53X12 would have been perfect.
22km, 180m gain, 32kmh average (and feeling no pain).
sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home