Saturday, June 11, 2005

DG, glad to hear that you are finally suffering the heat there too. I am finding it hard to do long rides in the sun.

Sounds like you are setting yourself up with a good hog. Tubulars are certainly lighter and performance is superior. Personally I can't stand the glue part. Remember to make sure that they are well stuck before you ride. Think Beloki.

On the block it took several kilometers of 8-10% grade before my cadence dropped intolerably low. There's nothing like that around here where i ride, certainly not in Southern Ontario where i assume you will do most of your riding. I am sure that you can do Rattlsnake or longer just fine with a 39x25. I would get the gear charts out and consider a compact 50x36. The smaller gears at the front give improved efficiency but you would need an 11 or 12-23 on the back. Slo can correct me if I am wrong.

Since I mounted the 50x34 compact my cadence has considerably increased which i feel is a good thing.
Sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home