Monday, March 29, 2004

Hi guys, I have been working for you....
I hate riding out of Bari so on Saturday I piled my gear into the car and set to chart some new rides. I stopped in a small village on a hill called Quasano. It took me a while but i found a good route. I think you will be pleased.

Bear in mind that there are no real maps in Italy. You can choose from the grossly inaccurate touring club maps, or the WW2 charts that are the closest they have to topogrphic maps: too out of date and too small an area to be useful for cyclists. Gap toothed old men with thee wheeled Piaggio searching for something along the roads were my best source of information. So I just rode, chasing down the most promising climbs out of town.

I logged 62k of rolling hills, most of it without seeing a car.

m

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home