Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Glad to see that you are finally getting some reasonable weather. Yesterday and today it has been around 10° here too. I ran 8k yesterday and biked 25 at lunch today. My family is starting to get it the way of my training. My kids want to spend time with me. I say, if you want to spend time with me come riding. My son complains that his little fixed wheel mountain bike cant keep up with mine. Sure, blame the bike. And my daughter gets her training wheels caught in the grill on the first over pass (I told you you could have a colnago with 26" silk tubulars, but nooo, you wanted a Barbie bike with training wheels). Children just have no conception of the suffering necessary to be a bike weenie.

Big technical ween here:
1. my Italian friends and family kicked in to buy me the forerunner GPS personal trainer. It will memorise you days riding so you can annoy your friends with hours of trivia about your speed, VO2 max, calorie output, and then remember it all the next day so that you can race against your self (so we can do the ride twice...). If I am not mistaken it will calculate altitude also.

2. It's official. I ordered a new bike. Nothing special, a sloping carbon Kastle X-road with a Shimano Utegra gruppo. So I finally get the 53x12 39x25, break mounted shifting and I hope a less whippy frame. Weight should be about the same as what I am riding. At around 1400 euro it looked like the best quality price ratio going. It should arrive later this week. I hope to break it in in time.

3. Training: Remember that next week is last call for long or hilly rides. After that we have to taper (assuming we ever really got started). Don't want to our legs pumped with lactic acid on th long ride.

4. You mean my wheels are not 3 meters in circumfrence?

Sud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home