Sunday, April 10, 2005

I wrote this a couple weeks ago but it got stuck in the draft folder.....
It was 23 ° and sunny today. I drove my care 30 min to Cassano to meet my friend. There was a chilly wind blowing off the rolling Murgia and we had our manicotti rolled up for the whole ride. There is a nasty climb out of town past the convent, then rolling hills and wide open spaces to Altamura. My legs were screamig in agony from the running yesterday, but I wasn't in the mood to listen to them. We rode to Matera and got lost looking for a climb, that really blew our avg. speed. Wind was against us on the way back with three sharp climbs. My buddy bonked on the last one and I waited. He recovered on the down hill and we took turns churning the big gears back to C. Nice ride, gorgeous scenery and very little traffic. 68k total. 26.8 avg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home