Sunday, July 09, 2006

I threw caution to the wind to day and went for a ride today. The roads were clogged with weekend Shumis and Valentino Rossi wannabies. Today Ferrari and yamaha were bent on securing their championships.... World cup fever was in high pitch and Italy geared up for the big game. Drivers seemed to have their thoughts elsewhere.

30k @ 26.5 kph 300meters vertical. Strong winds that helped me up the big hill. Still riding my old down tube shifter Karbo bike... Can't imagine how we got by all those years. Taking your hands of the bar to shift? that's insane!

The roads were moslty cleared after the storm. I came around a bend to find that the rain had lifted up huge sections of asphalt. I avoided that and my wheel plunged into some soft white clay that i wrongfuly assumed was a thin layer of sand. Fortunately no harm done.

Getting ready for the big game. Forza Azzuri.

sud


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home