Friday, February 06, 2004

I post to this blog religously whenever I have had a significant training event; hence I have not posted for a month. Actually, I'm in a bit of a rut. Fitness level is not bad as I'm still in the Gym twice a week (weights, then spinning for 40 min to one hour each time), and skating hard 3 times a week for an hour each time. But, when the weather breaks I will have to quickly get some miles under the wheels of a real bike, on real hills.

This is what I feared most, Matteo is getting a 3 month head start on spring.

I have cut back on the beer and wine and have already lost 6 pounds as a result. In late April I will likely go pretty much cold turkey, and will also stop all upper body workouts in the hope of dropping some useless muscle mass. I only need it for hockey, the skates will be hung up by then. Hopefully if I stay off the draught I will at least be able to stay in Sud City's draft.

I have been concentrating on leg isolations when on the spinning bike in the hope of not trashing my style too much, and also to make the best use of the horrifically boring time. It seems to make the time pass more quickly, and I think I have worked some of the dead spots out of my stroke.

Thank God running is not cycling, or I would despise cycling, too.

Slowcolnago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home